Sunday, April 9, 2017

Final Edits

Since last week, everything that could have possibly gone wrong has gone wrong. Theoretically, we could have been done by Thursday, but it appears technology is becoming self-aware, and humanity's downfall is on the horizon. As you know, we started the week with over half of our files already edited, and it all seemed to be flowing pretty well- until the cold and heartless machines attacked. 

You already know all about our problem with the compatibility of .mov files on Windows, and we thought we had resolved that, but once we sat down to edit, Nicole's computer decided that it wasn't really feeling our project. So it kindly decided to discard all the progress we had done on the dark scene. After panicking for about an hour, we concluded that we had to start over. So that day Nicole went home and worked on that section.

Thursday, when Nicole was getting ready to show me all the progress she had done, technology attacked again. All the files were cut and put in place, but SOMEHOW, they were completely unusable. Now editing isn't my thing so I don't know all the technicalities, but all I know is we had to, once again, leave class to work on it at home-ANYWAY, that's enough pessimism for one blog post! 

It worked out in the end! Although we weren't able to edit this part while in the same room, Nicole was more than capable of doing the bulk of it by herself. In the end, we shared screens through video call and made last minute changes- such as adding titles. 

I know I haven't discussed any techniques as far as editing goes (or any other areas for that matter), but I believe it'll make more sense for me to discuss that in my creative critical reflection. As of now, the project is practically done- now I just have to figure out how to make an interesting CCR. 

No comments:

Post a Comment